Landing pages are great for ecommerce website sales and lead generation, as they tend to convert better than blog posts and other page types. A landing page is often the best way to present a direct call-to-action (CTA) to your target audience, as landing pages can be much more tightly focused on a specific goal.
So, how can you optimise your landing pages for sales and conversions?
- Create an engaging opening statement
- Make your call-to-action obvious
- Use effective design techniques
1) Create an engaging opening statement
The opening copy is the first thing your visitors will read, so it has to be engaging enough to keep them on the website. If you manage to get your visitor to keep reading after your opening statement, then you've already won half the battle!
One of the best guidelines for a strong opening statement is The Four Us:
How can your product or service be deemed useful by your target audience? What are the benefits of your product or service?
Why do your target audience need your product/service right now? Is there a time constraint?
Why is your product or service the best on the market? What can they get from your business that they can't get elsewhere? What is your USP?
What exactly are you offering your target audience? What do they need to do to get the benefit of your product? What action should they take?
2) Make your CTA obvious
A call to action is a short phrase that encourages your visitors to take a particular action. Without a call to action, your landing page is pretty useless!
When you've established the goal of your landing page, whether it be to make a sale ('Buy Now') or gain a follow on social media ('Follow Us'), make sure your CTA is geared towards the same goal.
3) Use effective design techniques
Clever use of design techniques can give your landing pages more personality. Always ensure that your landing page design is of a high quality to reflect your business's authority and to build credibility with your target audience.
Make sure you have a clear plan on what you want your landing page to achieve. Ask yourself which elements would enforce your message and ultimate goal, and never just include design elements for the sake of it.
The point of a landing page is that it is simple and minimalist, funnelling the user toward your conversion goal. A bunch of pop-ups and gifs could distract them from making the conversion, so really think about what you need.
Some design elements to consider for your landing page:
- Bold headings with a clear hierarchy between H1s, H2s, etc.
- A lead capture form near the top of the page
- Some negative space (it's not always bad!)
- Engaging video or visuals
What are the benefits of landing pages?
An ecommerce landing page can be an incredibly useful lead conversion tool, and it should be an essential part of your sales funnel. Landing pages are incredibly good at what they do, as they are able to directly lead customers to a particular service or product.
If you get your landing pages right, you will increase your website's potential for conversions. For instance, this Hubspot study shows that companies saw a 55% increase in leads when they increased their number of landing pages from 10 to 15.
Other benefits of landing pages include...
- They deliver a high ROI - Landing pages allow you to give your customer exactly what they want or need, resulting in a lower bounce rate and more conversions.
- They are low maintenance - Landing pages are generally very simple and minimalist as it is all about making the customer journey as straightforward as possible. This means they're easy to customise and manage.
- They are versatile - You can have as many landing pages as you want, as long as each one has a specific purpose! This is great if you provide a product or service in multiple regions, as you can have location-specific landing pages to target the needs of specific target audiences.
Start your SEO journey with Designer Websites...
Thousands of people are searching for a business like yours - and we can make sure that they find you. Here are just the few of the services we offer to get your business noticed:
- Keyword Analysis
- Content Creation
- Social Media
- Link Outreach
- Local SEO
- Link Audits & Site Recovery
If you are interested in any of the services listed above, get in touch to discuss your business's SEO strategy today.