Greensquares is a family of products and services that, together, have created stunning outdoor spaces all over the country. The business, run by Managing Director Jason Cole, was established in 2004 and has since become a leading specialist in low-maintenance, high-quality outdoor living. From the customer’s initial idea, the Greensquares team will help them to design, choose the right products, and install their dream outdoor living space. Some of the products they offer include:
Greensquares came to us because they wanted to replace their old, outdated website with something modern, attractive and mobile friendly.
We’ve created a responsive, user-friendly brochure site that beautifully showcases the high-quality brands and services that Greensquares offer. View it here.
The new site also features:
- A large video header showcasing various completed projects
- High-resolution videos and photographs were taken by our in-house videographer
- Enquiry forms to suit a variety of different queries
If your current website is looking a little dated and in need of an update, why not get in touch with us here at Designer Websites?
Get a FREE Web Design Quote >
Jobs in the IT sector have grown at almost twice the rate of jobs in other industries in the UK. Access Training Academies, a long-time client of ours, is passionate about helping people to retrain and pursue exciting new careers, and they recently asked us to create a website dedicated to promoting a new selection of IT training courses.
Access IT Careers aims to give each student a comprehensive introduction to their chosen profession and set them up for a long, successful career. They offer courses in the following disciplines:
- Network Engineering
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Infrastructure Engineering
Why did Access Training Academies come to us?
We have worked with Access Training Academies before – their main website, which was also created by Designer Websites, offers training courses in trades such as plumbing and plastering. We were thrilled when they asked us to work with them again on their latest exciting venture.
We made Access Training Academies’ IT site mobile friendly so that users can check out these exciting IT courses with ease even when they’re on the go. In addition to the design and development of the site, we also optimised the website to rank well on search engines like Google and Bing.
If you need a professional website for your business, please get in touch with the Designer Websites Team. Request a free, no-obligation quote for your project here.
Amsvest Ltd (owned by Lord Alan Sugar) are looking to invest in promising start-ups and other businesses who sell/manufacture a product or offer a specific service. The experts at Amsvest provide funding and support while also taking care of finances, HR and IT for their partner businesses, allowing successful applicants to focus on what really matters: taking their business to the next level
Several companies have already benefited greatly from Amsvest’s investment, including:
How Did We Help?
Amsvest needed a website that not only looked the part but was also easy for all visitors to use. The company contacted Designer Websites and asked us to create a brochure website befitting Lord Sugar's high standards - it would need to be both professional-looking and extremely simple for potential business partners to navigate.
One of the key parts of this brief was ensuring that all users would be able to access and experience the same professional design and complete the investment application form on any device, including smartphones and tablets. As a result, the new Amsvest website possesses a fully responsive design that looks great on screens of all sizes.
We’re pleased to announce that the new Amsvest website is now live - visit www.amsvest.co.uk to take a look!
If you’re looking for a bespoke, professional-looking website for your business, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team here at Designer Websites for a free, no-obligation web design quote.
Alana Spencer has been a client of ours ever since she won BBC's The Apprentice in 2016 and asked us to design a new website for her handmade cake business, Ridiculously Rich by Alana.
Ridiculously Rich has been going from strength to strength since Lord Sugar invested in the company two years ago, and earlier this week, he and Alana announced their new Cakepreneur initiative, which promises to drive even greater growth as we head into autumn.
Here's an introduction from Alana and Lord Sugar themselves:
Building the new Cakepreneur system
The Designer Websites team have been hard at work over the last couple of weeks, striving to ensure that the website's new Cakepreneur system would be ready for its big launch.
We were asked to build an add-on for Alana's existing Ambassador system to accommodate a new type of reseller: Cakepreneurs. This was conceived as a more affordable way to join the Ridiculously Rich family - it costs £1,000 to become the Ridiculously Rich Ambassador for your region, whereas Cakepreneurs pay a one-off setup fee of just £150.
A Ridiculously Rich Cakepreneur starter kit.
Our skilled web developers created a sign-up area that makes it easy for would-be Cakepreneurs to get the ball rolling. Once the user has filled in their details, the website shows them an introductory video, then prompts them to take a quick online test. Those who pass this test can then pay the setup fee and order their starter kit (pictured above).
What do Cakepreneurs do?
Cakepreneurs earn commission by selling Ridiculously Rich cakes to...
- Farm shops
- Corporate clients
...and so on. Each Cakepreneur is given a unique discount code that entitles their customers to 5% off all online orders.
The system that we have designed and developed makes it easy for Alana's Cakepreneurs to sign in and manage everything. Each Cakepreneur can create their own Ridiculously Rich profile, add meetings to their own personal calendar, and sign up clients who will earn them commission with each order placed. The system also allows the Ridiculously Rich administrators to see how active each Cakepreneur is.
In addition to the new Cakepreneur system, Designer Websites also built...
- A new downloads section that allows Ridiculously Rich to share documents, videos, and other downloadable resources with their Ambassadors and Cakepreneurs all over the country.
- A 'Stockists' page (view here) that makes it easy for users to find nearby shops that sell Ridiculously Rich cakes.
- A new 'Find My Nearest' page (view here) - simply enter your postcode to see a full list of Ridiculously Rich Ambassadors and Cakepreneurs in your area.
Alana explains why she chose to work with Designer Websites
Visit Ridiculously Rich > Get a Web Design Quote >
Robert D. Johnson Funeral Directors are an independent funeral service based in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. This family-run business specialises in bespoke, flexible funeral services for families who are looking to make arrangements after the passing of a loved one. With extensive experience in funeral care, they ensure every family receives the service they’ve envisioned for their dearly departed – while alleviating them of the stress of organising the funeral arrangements during their period of grief.
Robert D. Johnson Funeral Directors offer the following funeral packages:
As an independent business, Robert D. Johnson offer a caring, personal service that large chains are sometimes unable to provide. Staff are selected on the basis of their professionalism and caring approach to their work.
How Did We Help Them?
We have created a user-friendly brochure website for Robert D. Johnson Funeral Directors. The new design is professional and befitting of the industry in which this client operates, and the website interface is very easy for users to navigate. Visit www.rjfunerals.co.uk to take a look at our work.
- Responsive Website Design – The RJ Funerals website functions well across all screen sizes whilst maintaining its sophisticated look. Regardless of the device used to access the website, the pages of the website maintain their look and ease of navigation.
- Search Engine Optimisation – Every page on the new RJ Funerals website features high-quality content which is relevant to the user, effective in communicating the services offered, and carefully optimised for high Google rankings.
Do you need a bespoke, professional website to showcase your business and the services you offer? If so, get in touch with Designer Websites for a free, no-obligation quote.
Get a Web Design Quote >
We recently finished work on a brand new ecommerce website called Life-Gear.com. This site is home to a huge variety of different products, including:
- Climbing equipment
- Protective clothing
- Festival gear
- Off-road essentials
The website itself has a user-friendly design that adapts to the screen it's viewed on, allowing adventurers of all stripes to make purchases on the go using their smartphones. In addition to the secure online checkout system, this site includes the option to pay in three different currencies (pounds, euros and Emirati dirhams), enabling the company to sell their products to a huge international market.
Visit Life-Gear.com now to browse the website for yourself, or click here to request a quotation for your own ecommerce web design project.
With clinics located in Barry, Canton and Whitchurch, and physiotherapists boasting BSc (Hons) degrees, postgraduate training and Chartered Society of Physiotherapists / Health Professional Council accreditation, David Bolwell Physiotherapy Services is one of the top physio clinics in South Wales. They possess extensive experience and provide treatments dealing with muscle, soft tissue and joint conditions, as well as post-surgery rehabilitation and sports injuries.
Here are some of the conditions that David Bolwell Physiotherapy Services treat:
- Neck & Back Pain
- Overuse Injuries
- Muscle & Ligament Injuries
These conditions are treated in various ways, including:
- Mobilisation & Manipulation
DB Physio Services asked us to give their old brochure website an enhanced look and feel, paying particular attention to the website’s usability on a number of devices and the ability to send enquiries with ease. We’re proud to announce that DB Physio’s new and updated website is now live – visit https://www.dbphysio.co.uk/ to see the new design.
What Have We Done?
In order to improve on the company’s existing site, we focused on a number of improvements:
- Responsive Design – A key aim of the new website was to allow users on varying devices with different screen sizes to experience the same great design. The new DB Physio website now possesses a fully responsive design that works well and looks great on any device.
- SEO – The need for high-quality content is imperative for any brochure website. We optimised each page of the new website and helped DB Physio to create information, high-quality content in order to rank highly on search engines like Google.
- Enhanced User Interface – The new DB Physio website allows the user to make a swift and detailed treatment enquiry. The updated enquiry form contains that ability to select the user’s preferred clinic and appointment date/time.
If you are in need of a professional-looking website for your business, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at Designer Websites. Request a FREE, no-obligation quote for your project here.
We’ve just developed a new website for a leading UK ultrasound business with a range of clinics in London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Surrey and Kent. Ultrasound Plus provide professional scanning for a range of needs and clients, including:
- Baby Scans – 3D/4D, Early Pregnancy, Dating, Gender, Reassurance, Anomaly, Growth, and Presentation scans
- Gynaecology Scans
- General Scans – Upper Abdomen Ultrasound, Kidneys, Ureters and Bladder Scans and;
- Musculoskeletal Scans
Why did Ultrasound Plus come to us?
Ultrasound Plus came to us because they needed a new website with a significantly improved customer experience, and an optimised website to improve their online visibility.
We designed a brand-new website with a clear target of maximising customer engagement and improving rankings on the major search engines. Click here to view the new and improved website.
The new and improved website has:
- A bespoke and responsive design
- A blog where the company can share news and updates
- Improved Search Engine Optimisation
If you require a professional-looking website for your business, that is easy to navigate on any device, then get in touch with our team here at Designer Websites on 01446 339050 or request a free, no-obligation quote.
Sweets in the City is the company that's jointly owned by BBC Apprentice winner Sarah Lynn and her business partner Lord Sugar. If you watched the latest series of The Apprentice on BBC One, you should already be familiar with Sweets in the City and the beautifully-presented sweet gifts that they sell. These customisable products make perfect presents for birthdays, anniversaries, and all sorts of other special occasions.
As you may be aware, we at Designer Websites have worked with a number of Apprentice winners in the past, including Ricky Martin, Dr Leah Totton, Joseph Valente and Alana Spencer. After the 2017 final aired and Sarah was revealed as the joint winner (along with recruitment consultant James White), she approached us to ask if we would be willing to work our magic on the SitC website. Of course, we jumped at the opportunity!
The new Sweets in the City website
Work on the new and improved Sweets in the City website is now complete, and you can view it at www.sweetsinthecity.co.uk.
Here are some of the new features that we hope will make 2018 a sensationally sweet year for Sarah and her business:
- Brand new design - Our skilled designers gave the SitC website a completely new look. We think it perfectly encapsulates the company's high-end credentials (their products are sold in Harrods and Selfridges, after all) while still retaining a strong sense of sweetness and fun.
- Improved site navigation - We have made it easier to browse SitC's product range and find exactly the right gift for any given occasion. Website users can now search by price, recipient, occasion or theme.
- Letterbox treats - One of the big ideas that secured Sarah's Apprentice victory was the option for customers to send small, letterbox-friendly sweet gifts through the post. This idea has now been realised, and the new SitC website allows you to choose from 10 different box designs, add your own personalised text, and fill the box with whatever sweets you think the recipient might fancy.
- Option to buy in bulk - What if, instead of purchasing a lovingly hand-packaged assortment of your best friend's favourite sweets, you just want to order yourself three kilograms of cola bottles? Well, thanks to SitC's new 'bulk buy' page, now you can!
- Improved back-end functionality - In addition to the above, we gave the back end of the SitC website a complete overhaul, making it easy for the company to control the content of their web pages.
The new Sweets in the City website is a fantastic example of what the Designer Websites team can do. Our designers, developers and SEO experts are adept at creating sites that are carefully tailored to the client's requirements and target audience - if you need a new website for your business, please get in touch now to request a FREE quotation.
Truly successful online businesses don't just need a website that's user-friendly and optimised for search engines. More often than not, they need specialised functionality, a significant level of automation, comprehensive administration portals, integration with other business solutions...the list is long, and of course, every business has its own specific requirements.
In this post, we'd like to show you 10 quick and simple examples of the bespoke online solutions that we've created and implemented for our clients.
When past apprentice winner Ricky Martin came to us asking for help on a new project we were more than happy to help. We originally designed the Hyper Recruitment Solutions website back in 2012 and have been working closely with them ever since to make sure their website continues to grow alongside their business.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a recruitment agency that specialises in scientific and technological jobs, aiming to pair talented and passionate job seekers with the latest job opportunities in the science industry.
Ricky came to us with the idea of creating a fun and useful quiz that will answer the question 'What Type of Scientist Am I?' So, he gave us full autonomy over the format, design and questions, which our team relished.
We planned the quiz, wrote the questions, designed the characters and developed the website, and frankly, we thoroughly enjoyed it!
We designed the quiz based on a personality test, with 10 questions and 5 potential answers for each. Based on the answers chosen we would suggest which type of scientist they would be most suited to. This would not only give people an entertaining way to see what job they may be well suited for, but also create more brand awareness for HRS.
The task included creating a lot of content from scratch, which included:
- Researching the scientific roles and developing appropriate questions and answers for the quiz
- Designing the algorithm for determining the result of the quiz
- Writing content for each scientist profile
- Designing 20 characters for the scientist profiles
- Designing the host of the quiz, in the likeness of Ricky himself
- Developing the code for the quiz
If you want to try the quiz for yourself you can follow this link:
Following the design and development of the quiz, we also helped with marketing once live. This involved creating a social media plan that would extend its reach by making use of the quiz's share functionality. We also utilised Facebook advertising and Twitter to get the quiz out into the industry.
If you would like to talk to us about quirky marketing techniques for your business then we’d love to hear from you. We are not only high-quality bespoke website designers, but we also have over a decade of experience in the world of online marketing and advertising techniques. Contact us today to discuss what we can do for your business.
Label Source are a UK-based business who supply a comprehensive range of labels, tags and signs to customers all over the world. Their product range is too diverse to list in full right now, but here are just a few examples of what they offer:
- Asset tags
- Electrical warning labels
- Workplace safety signs
- Pipeline identification tape
- Quality assurance labels
- Warehouse markers
- Shipping labels
Label Source recently asked us to give their old website a new, more modern-looking design; more specifically, they wanted to make it easier for smartphone and tablet users to view Label Source's products and make purchases online.
We're pleased to announce that Label Source's new and improved website is now live - visit www.labelsource.co.uk now to see how it looks.
In addition to the clean, professional new look that we created for the Label Source website, we also made the following changes:
- Responsive Design - As mentioned above, one of this project's key aims was to ensure a good user experience on smartphones and other mobile devices. The new Label Source site has a fully responsive design that looks great and is easy to navigate on screens of all sizes.
- HTTPS Encryption - The entire Label Source website is now under HTTPS (as opposed to HTTP). This means that all information entered on the Label Source site is now sent securely, so the company's customers can place orders safe in the knowledge that their data is encrypted.
- Improved Back End - We also updated the back end of the Label Source website to make it easier for the company to manage their product options and category pages.
Do you have an ecommerce website that's in need of a redesign? Contact Designer Websites for a quotation!
Ski season is upon us once again, and with many thousands of people set to hit the slopes between now and the spring thaw, Slide Candy - a ski equipment rental company serving the Méribel and La Tania resorts in France - wanted to make sure that their online presence was in peak condition.
The Slide Candy team asked Designer Websites to give their site a modern new look that would appeal to skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. Their new and improved website is now live - visit www.slidecandy.com to view it.
Here are just a few of the features that we built into the new Slide Candy site:
- Responsive Design - Slide Candy were concerned that their old site was difficult to use on mobile devices. Our designers came up with a stylish new design that (in addition to looking great) is totally mobile-friendly, making it easy for skiers to book equipment and make use of Slide Candy's call-out service while out and about.
- Improved User Interface - The Slide Candy site allows snow sports enthusiasts to reserve their equipment in advance via an online booking system. While overhauling the website, we made this booking system better-looking and simpler to navigate, making it easier than ever to get the right equipment for your French skiing holiday. You can even choose whether to pay in pounds or euros.
- Product Information - On the new website, the products that Slide Candy sell (including skis, snowboards, boots and helmets) are conveniently sorted into four different categories: Blue, Red, Black, and Kids. This makes it easy to find the right ski equipment for your ability level, and the high-quality product images make sure you know exactly what you're hiring.
If you like the look of the new Slide Candy website and you want the Designer Websites team to create a responsive ecommerce site for your business, please get in touch today to request a quote.
With offices in both Cheshire and London, Sandison Easson & Co. are among the UK's leading medical accounting firms. Catering exclusively to clients in the medical and dental fields, the Sandison Easson team provide a wide variety of specialist services, including:
- Annual accounts
- Tax declarations
- Business structure advice
The firm's clients include GP practices, consultants, registrars, and dental clinics.
Why did Sandison Easson come to us?
The Sandison Easson team got in touch with Designer Websites because their website was old, dated, and not particularly representative of the highly professional service they provide. We were asked to design and develop a responsive brochure website that would meet the following criteria:
- Design tailored to Sandison Easson's target audience (doctors, dentists, practice managers, etc.)
- Information about the firm's services presented in a clear, easy-to-digest format
- Emphasis on Sandison Easson's status as highly knowledgeable and experienced specialists
In addition to the mobile-friendly design and easy-to-use enquiry form, the new Sandison Easson website features a professional-looking 'Meet the Team' page, a client login function, and a blog where the firm will be able to share all their latest updates and insights. See the site for yourself at www.sandisoneasson.co.uk.
If you need a professional-looking website for your business, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team here at Designer Websites. Request a free, no-obligation quote for your project here.
The people of Wales spend approximately £1.4 billion on electricity and gas every year. Very little of that money stays in Wales, with most of it going into the coffers of large energy suppliers based in other parts of the UK.
But a new Welsh energy company called One Wales Energy / Un Ynni Cymru are looking to change that. All of the company's operations (including their contact centre) are based right here in Wales, meaning that their customers' energy fees will be going back into the Welsh economy instead of leaving the country. One Wales Energy / Un Ynni Cymru have also pledged to improve the wellbeing of Welsh communities via a Charitable Foundation and a Community Affiliate Scheme that allows local groups to raise funds by recommending One Wales to their members.
As a proudly Welsh company, we at Designer Websites were very happy when One Wales Energy asked us to create a new website for them. Their goal was to drive pre-registrations from people who are interested in changing energy suppliers (the company are planning launch their service in early 2018), so we knew that the site would need to communicate the company's key selling points - competitive rates, simple tariffs, a commitment to working towards sustainability, and of course the benefits for Wales and its communities - in a clear, appealing fashion.
The new One Wales Energy / Un Ynni Cymru website is now live - click here to view it. The site features:
- Responsive, mobile-friendly design
- Bilingual content (site can be viewed in English or Welsh)
- Blog engine for sharing news and updates
- Search engine optimisation to improve the site's online visibility
- User-friendly enquiry form for those interested in changing suppliers or becoming an affiliate
Does your business need a new website? Contact Designer Websites today to request a quotation.