Truly successful online businesses don't just need a website that's user-friendly and optimised for search engines. More often than not, they need specialised functionality, a significant level of automation, comprehensive administration portals, integration with other business solutions...the list is long, and of course, every business has its own specific requirements.
In this post, we'd like to show you 10 quick and simple examples of the bespoke online solutions that we've created and implemented for our clients.
When past apprentice winner Ricky Martin came to us asking for help on a new project we were more than happy to help. We originally designed the Hyper Recruitment Solutions website back in 2012 and have been working closely with them ever since to make sure their website continues to grow alongside their business.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a recruitment agency that specialises in scientific and technological jobs, aiming to pair talented and passionate job seekers with the latest job opportunities in the science industry.
Ricky came to us with the idea of creating a fun and useful quiz that will answer the question 'What Type of Scientist Am I?' So, he gave us full autonomy over the format, design and questions, which our team relished.
We planned the quiz, wrote the questions, designed the characters and developed the website, and frankly, we thoroughly enjoyed it!
We designed the quiz based on a personality test, with 10 questions and 5 potential answers for each. Based on the answers chosen we would suggest which type of scientist they would be most suited to. This would not only give people an entertaining way to see what job they may be well suited for, but also create more brand awareness for HRS.
The task included creating a lot of content from scratch, which included:
- Researching the scientific roles and developing appropriate questions and answers for the quiz
- Designing the algorithm for determining the result of the quiz
- Writing content for each scientist profile
- Designing 20 characters for the scientist profiles
- Designing the host of the quiz, in the likeness of Ricky himself
- Developing the code for the quiz
If you want to try the quiz for yourself you can follow this link:
Following the design and development of the quiz, we also helped with marketing once live. This involved creating a social media plan that would extend its reach by making use of the quiz's share functionality. We also utilised Facebook advertising and Twitter to get the quiz out into the industry.
If you would like to talk to us about quirky marketing techniques for your business then we’d love to hear from you. We are not only high-quality bespoke website designers, but we also have over a decade of experience in the world of online marketing and advertising techniques. Contact us today to discuss what we can do for your business.
Label Source are a UK-based business who supply a comprehensive range of labels, tags and signs to customers all over the world. Their product range is too diverse to list in full right now, but here are just a few examples of what they offer:
- Asset tags
- Electrical warning labels
- Workplace safety signs
- Pipeline identification tape
- Quality assurance labels
- Warehouse markers
- Shipping labels
Label Source recently asked us to give their old website a new, more modern-looking design; more specifically, they wanted to make it easier for smartphone and tablet users to view Label Source's products and make purchases online.
We're pleased to announce that Label Source's new and improved website is now live - visit www.labelsource.co.uk now to see how it looks.
In addition to the clean, professional new look that we created for the Label Source website, we also made the following changes:
- Responsive Design - As mentioned above, one of this project's key aims was to ensure a good user experience on smartphones and other mobile devices. The new Label Source site has a fully responsive design that looks great and is easy to navigate on screens of all sizes.
- HTTPS Encryption - The entire Label Source website is now under HTTPS (as opposed to HTTP). This means that all information entered on the Label Source site is now sent securely, so the company's customers can place orders safe in the knowledge that their data is encrypted.
- Improved Back End - We also updated the back end of the Label Source website to make it easier for the company to manage their product options and category pages.
Do you have an ecommerce website that's in need of a redesign? Contact Designer Websites for a quotation!
Ski season is upon us once again, and with many thousands of people set to hit the slopes between now and the spring thaw, Slide Candy - a ski equipment rental company serving the Méribel and La Tania resorts in France - wanted to make sure that their online presence was in peak condition.
The Slide Candy team asked Designer Websites to give their site a modern new look that would appeal to skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. Their new and improved website is now live - visit www.slidecandy.com to view it.
Here are just a few of the features that we built into the new Slide Candy site:
- Responsive Design - Slide Candy were concerned that their old site was difficult to use on mobile devices. Our designers came up with a stylish new design that (in addition to looking great) is totally mobile-friendly, making it easy for skiers to book equipment and make use of Slide Candy's call-out service while out and about.
- Improved User Interface - The Slide Candy site allows snow sports enthusiasts to reserve their equipment in advance via an online booking system. While overhauling the website, we made this booking system better-looking and simpler to navigate, making it easier than ever to get the right equipment for your French skiing holiday. You can even choose whether to pay in pounds or euros.
- Product Information - On the new website, the products that Slide Candy sell (including skis, snowboards, boots and helmets) are conveniently sorted into four different categories: Blue, Red, Black, and Kids. This makes it easy to find the right ski equipment for your ability level, and the high-quality product images make sure you know exactly what you're hiring.
If you like the look of the new Slide Candy website and you want the Designer Websites team to create a responsive ecommerce site for your business, please get in touch today to request a quote.
With offices in both Cheshire and London, Sandison Easson & Co. are among the UK's leading medical accounting firms. Catering exclusively to clients in the medical and dental fields, the Sandison Easson team provide a wide variety of specialist services, including:
- Annual accounts
- Tax declarations
- Business structure advice
The firm's clients include GP practices, consultants, registrars, and dental clinics.
Why did Sandison Easson come to us?
The Sandison Easson team got in touch with Designer Websites because their website was old, dated, and not particularly representative of the highly professional service they provide. We were asked to design and develop a responsive brochure website that would meet the following criteria:
- Design tailored to Sandison Easson's target audience (doctors, dentists, practice managers, etc.)
- Information about the firm's services presented in a clear, easy-to-digest format
- Emphasis on Sandison Easson's status as highly knowledgeable and experienced specialists
In addition to the mobile-friendly design and easy-to-use enquiry form, the new Sandison Easson website features a professional-looking 'Meet the Team' page, a client login function, and a blog where the firm will be able to share all their latest updates and insights. See the site for yourself at www.sandisoneasson.co.uk.
If you need a professional-looking website for your business, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team here at Designer Websites. Request a free, no-obligation quote for your project here.